DIY techniques you can use to dispose of undesirable facial/body hair in the security of your own lavatory. Ahead, one dermatologist and two hair evacuation experts offer you their best guidance and techniques to use for each body part:
Method 1: Raw Papaya
Papaya removes hair and exfoliates skin while its natural enzyme, papain, breaks down hair follicles and restricts hair growth. This remedy works for all skin types, including extremely sensitive skin.
Process 1: Papaya & Turmeric
Tools & Ingredients
- Raw Papaya
- Turmeric Powder
- Peel and slice your raw papaya.
- Grind a few slices to make a pulp.
- Stir ½ teaspoon turmeric powder into 1-2 tablespoons papaya pulp.
- Apply the mixture to unwanted hair.
- Massage for 15-20 minutes, then wash off with water.
- Repeat 1-2 times weekly.
Process 2: Papaya, Turmeric, Mustard Oil & Aloe Vera
Tools & Ingredients
- ¼ tablespoon papaya powder (or 1 tablespoon papaya paste)
- ¼ tablespoon turmeric powder
- ¼ tablespoon gram flour
- 4 tablespoons Aloe Vera gel
- 2 tablespoons mustard oil
- 2 drops any essential oil (lavender, peppermint, etc.)
- Olive oil or moisturizer
- Clean, dry cloth
- In a bowl, mix papaya powder (or paste), turmeric powder, gram flour, Aloe Vera gel, mustard oil, and your choice of essential oil to make a paste.
- Apply the paste to unwanted hair, spreading it in the opposite direction of hair growth.
- Leave on 15-20 minutes or until dry.
- Remove paste by rubbing with clean, dry towel in the opposite direction of hair growth.
- Wash the area with water and pat dry.
- Massage the area with olive oil or moisturizer for a few minutes.
- Repeat 3-4 times weekly for at least 3 months.
When mixed with water, milk, or yogurt, turmeric removes hair and prevents re-growth. It also has anti-bacterial and anti-inflammatory properties that keep skin clear and healthy.
- Turmeric powder
- Warm water
- Add milk to turmeric powder and stir to make a fine paste.
- Apply to unwanted hair and leave on for 15-30 minutes or until dry.
- Wash off with warm water and pat dry.
- Repeat frequently until you achieve the desired results.
NOTE: This method works well on areas with less hair. To remove thicker, denser hair, add gram flour, yogurt, rice flour, or ground oats.