Skin tags are generally folds of skin that are formed as a result of rubbing or friction. Neck, Face, Chest, armpits, groin areas are the most common areas where skin tags generally occur. Often skin tags are just a growth of the skin and are considered harmless, however, in specific cases, it might be an indication of something serious and needs an immediate medical diagnosis.
There is an easy step to get rid of skin tags and you know what is the best deal about this remedy – you can do it all be yourself that too at home.
This is one ‘Must’ component in the kitchen that just cannot be replaced by anything else. Apart from fixing skin tags, apple cider vinegar is effective against moles and acne too. What You Need:
- Apple cider vinegar- 2 tbsp
- Cotton ball
Clean the affected are properly using soap and water, Pat dry the skin with a hand towel. Soak the cotton ball in vinegar. Squeeze it, in order to remove the excessive vinegar.
Apply the soaked cotton on your skin tag. Repeat this process 2-3 times a day.
The skin tag will gradually lose its color and fall off. Generally, it takes around a week, however, this further depends on the size and type of the skin tag. Thus, patience is needed.
Apple Cider Vinegar
Apple cider vinegar is the best home remedy for skin tags. The acid in apple cider vinegar breaks down the excess cells in the skin tag and naturally removes them.
- Dip a cotton swab in apple cider vinegar and apply it directly on the skin tag. There will be a stinging sensation for a few minutes that will soon stop.
- Leave it on for three or four hours, then wash it off with warm water.
- Follow this remedy at least three times daily for two to four weeks to eliminate the tags.
Note: If you have sensitive skin, dilute the apple cider vinegar with a little water before applying it. To avoid scarring, apply olive oil or vitamin E oil on the affected area on a regular basis.
Banana peel is another effective remedy for skin tags due to its strong antioxidant properties. Also, the enzymes present in the banana peel help dissolve the tags naturally.
- Cut a small piece of banana peel and place the inside part of it over the tag.
- Wrap a bandage over the peel and leave it on overnight.
- The next morning, remove the peel and wash the area with water.
- Repeat every night for a few days until your skin tag drops off.