Dark circles under eyes are not liked by anyone. They not only give you a tiresome appearance but also make you look ages older than you are. The skin around our eyes is the thinnest skin of the body. While doctors and cosmetic surgeons have come up with many new age treatments for dark circles, you can always use home remedies for dark circles to get you rid of these ugly looking shadows under your eyes!
Cold Compress to Reduce Dark Circles
Sometimes the blood vessels near your eyes dilate and because the skin near eyes is thinner, they show up as dark circles. Cold compress help shrink your blood vessels. You can take anything that is cold and dab on the area around your eyes. Use an ice bag, iced water, cold milk, frozen spoon, anything which is chilled. You may also use the following way to treat your eyes with a cold compress:
- Take some cold water. Cold milk will also do.
- Soak a washcloth in this cold water or milk.
- Lie down and close your eyes.
- Place the cold washcloth over your eyes.
- Leave it there till it loses all its coldness.
- Soak it again and place over the eyes. Repeat this for about 10-15 minutes.
- Do this 3-4 times a day
2. Use Cool Cucumber to Get Rid of Dark Circles
Cucumber is, by far, the most applied home remedies to get rid of under eye dark circles. Many researches have found that cucumber contains various antioxidants, vitamin C and vitamin K that help reduce discoloration under eyes. The antioxidants in cucumber seem to help reduce the inflammation causing puffiness under eyes as well as the dark circles. When you place chilled cucumber slices on your closed eyes, the cool temperature helps in easing out the puffiness by reducing accumulation of fluid under eyes.
Ways to Use Cucumber for Dark Circles
- Take a chilled cucumber and cut it in round slices. Lie down and close your eyes. Place a cucumber slice on each of your eyes. Once the slice looses its cold temperature, take fresh slices and place them on your eyes. Do this for about 10-15 minutes.
- You may also grind a cucumber and take out its juice. Apply this under and around your eyes with the help of a cotton ball.
- Mix lemon juice with cucumber juice to make it some more effective. The natural bleaching properties of lemon will help reduce darkness of skin under your eyes.