Prevents Breakage of Hair Strands
- Castor Oil,
- Coconut Oil
- Put a tablespoon of castor oil and 2 tablespoons of coconut oil in a small container.
- Mix the oils thoroughly by covering the lid and shaking the container.
- Make a hot water bath in a big pan and place the container in it.
- Damp your hair and apply the oils to your hair while it is still warm.
- Massage your hairs for some time and leave the oil for 2 to 3 hours to settle.
- Use a mild shampoo to wash off the oil.
- You can use this process 2-3 times a week.
Treat Damaged Hair
- Castor oil,
- Almond Oil
- Make a mixture of castor oil and almond oil in the same proportion as you did with coconut oil in the previous remedy above.
- There is no need to heat this mixture. You can apply this directly to your damp hair.
- Massage your head softly and leave the oil overnight.
- Wash off the oil using a mild shampoo and conditioner.
- You can use this remedy on alternate days.
Promote Hair Growth
- Castor oil,
- lukewarm water,
- sesame oil
- In a bowl of lukewarm water, put a couple of tablespoons of castor oil and sesame seed oil.
- Mix the oils with the water, stirring continuously.
- Wash your hair with this oil-water and massage it for 5 minutes.
- Again, wash your hair with a shampoo to clear the oils.
- You can use this remedy every day for increased hair growth.
Castor oil bags the goodness of antioxidants, omega 9 fats and ricinoleic acid. All these ingredients make castor oil a hair growth promoter. Following are the benefits of castor oil for hair!
Omega 9 fats in castor oil make it a miracle discovery for hair growth. It triggers stunted hair growth and also fights back baldness and hair thinning. Omega 9 fats add strength to each hair follicle. It prevents keratin against damage that is caused due to pollution and sun. Hence, it not just promotes new hair growth, but also protects existing hair against damage and thinning.
Ricinoleic acid in castor oil restores the normal pH level of the scalp. It cures the problems like scalp acne and dandruff caused due to imbalanced pH level of the scalp. This directly fights back dandruff and makes hair stronger, longer, shinier and thicker.
Anti-oxidants present in castor oil make it an amazing treatment for hair against dullness and frizz. Anti-oxidants increase blood circulation throughout the scalp. Increased blood circulation means increased oxygen supply throughout the scalp. This makes the hair roots stronger. It naturally offers deep conditioning to hair roots, hair follicles and scalp. As a result, the hair becomes frizz-free, radiant and stronger.
Castor oil is also an amazing therapy for adding gloss to hair. It coats each hair strand when applied. The keratin gains strength from the antioxidants present in castor oil. Hence, the hair looks glossy after wash.
As castor oil is rich in essential vitamins necessary for healthy and robust hair, it has long been used for treating several hair conditions including hair fall.
Castor oil helps in promotion of hair growth rate in more than one ways. When rubbed thoroughly into the scalp it stimulates the scalp and thus encourages circulation to the follicles, making them healthier and more inclined to produce hair.
When taken orally it has also been noted to have a similar effect.
In addition, owing to its antiseptic and anti-fungal properties, castor oil improves your scalp quality by destroying infection causing organisms and thus makes it easier to grow hair faster.