Your nails are made up of Keratin, the same protein as your hair. Everyone wants their nails to grow fast and strong because they add beauty to your hands. Here are some ways to make your nails grow faster, strong and shinier.
Garlic is also known as one of home remedies for nail growth. More exactly, it protects the nails against infection due to its antibacterial and anti-fungal properties but not stimulates the nails grow. By anyway, garlic is also a good one for the nail health and beauty.
- Cut a garlic clove in half then rub them on your nails and keep for a few minutes to absorb.
- Blend some cloves of garlic to get a paste then apply it to your nails for 5 minutes. Use this remedy for a week then you can find the good result.
Vitamin E is an essential factor for the health of nails and hair. So, it is helpful to make vitamin E be absorbed through the nails more easily and quickly which stimulates the growth of them.
- Add one of the essential oils (e.g. tea tree oil) to vitamin E then mix them together
- Warm up the mixture a bit by heating
- Dip your nails in the warm mixture and leave it on your nails overnight.
EGG Shell :
You may think egg shells are not useful and often throw them away after taking the inside parts but they are beneficial indeed. Egg shells can be used as one of the home remedies for nail growth due to their high levels of calcium, protein, iron (folic acid), and minerals such as magnesium and potassium. These factors help strengthen the nails and prevent them from damage. Below is the direction of using egg shells for nail growth:
- Crush the shells then put them in a blender
- Add pecans, almonds, and flax seeds to the blender and blend them to get a powder
- Take a teaspoon of the powder with warm milk each morning
- Use this remedy for a month to experience your stronger healthy nails.
Vaseline is considered as another of the home remedies for nail growth. IT is advised to smear some Vaseline after trimming your nails, which helps keep them soft and shining. This is a simple way to get beautiful and healthy nails.
- Take a small amount of Vaseline and smear it on the nail corners by a cotton bud.
- After an hour, remove the cuticles
Lemons are great home remedies for nail growth because it is great in vitamin C and it also can cure yellow nails as well as provide a good shine for your nails. Now you need:
- A tablespoon of lemon juice, some tablespoons of olive oil. Microwave the mixture and soak your nails in 10 minutes before washing off with water.
- You can cut lemon into different slices and rub slices on nails for 15 minutes before rinsing off with warm water. Then you pat dry and use a natural moisturizer as usual.
- Make sure that you do not apply lemon slices on hangnails or cuts because it can cause sting.
Here is a list of essential health tips for Nails:
Your nails are made of protein, therefore it is important that you have a proper intake of protein rich foods such as eggs, meat and beans. You can also take protein shakes or vitamin D supplements.
Garlic is effective to make your nails grow fast. Apply garlic paste to your nails twice a week or simply cut a garlic clove in half and rub it on your nails. Its juices will be absorbed by your nail.
Washing dishes can make your nails weak. Detergents can be harsh for your nails and affect its growth. To protect your fingers from harmful chemicals, always wear gloves.
Trim your nails regularly to get rid of any weak parts and apply petroleum jelly before going to bed. Do not use nail polishes of ordinary brands, go for good brands and use nutrient filled polishes.
Dry and dull nails are prone to breakage. Moisturize your nails with olive oil, take few drops of olive oil in your palm and rub it on your nails.
Avoid biting and scratching your nails as it can make them weak.
Avoid painting your nails with polishes than contain formaldehyde, toluene and sulfonamide. These chemicals are unhealthy for your nails.